As the title suggests brussels sprout is the main ingredient in our warm salad recipe. Besides brussels sprout our warm salad recipe makes the best use of some seasonal fruits and vegetables. Our warm salad recipe is sweetened by fruits and honey, while onions, black pepper and red chilli powder spice it up. Mozzarella cheese is added to strike a balance.
This warm salad recipe of brussels sprout is a meal in itself. However, you can serve it as a side with steaks and roasted meats. To make this warm salad recipe, choose young brussels sprout as it makes a lot of difference. You don’t want to end up with a chewy, fibrous salad, do you? Young ones are sweet and less cabbage like.
Brussels sprout is called as Kalai kosu in Tamil, Mara Kosu in Kannada and Choti Gobhi in Hindi. If you do not follow any of these languages, just Google it. This warm salad recipe of brussels sprout yields two servings, with 512 kilo calories in each. You will need the following ingredients to make this warm salad recipe.
Ingredients, Measurements & Nutritional Value
|Vegetables & Fruits|
|Brussels sprout||400 grams|
|Black grapes seedless||400 grams|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Thyme dried||1 teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 tablespoon|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
- Four types of glucosinolates found in brussels sprout offer protection from cancer.
- Fiber rich brussels sprout lowers cholesterol, prevents constipation and improves colon health.
- A flavonoid called anthocyanins present in black seedless grapes protects your body from free radicals and reduces the risk of cell damage.
- Polyphenols present in apples decrease the oxidation of cell membrane fats, thereby reducing the risk of clogging of arteries and other cardiovascular problems.
Video Walk Through : Warm Salad Recipe – Brussels Sprouts Salad
Instructions – Warm Salad Recipe – Brussels Sprouts Salad
Prep Vegetables & Fruits
- Wash all the vegetables and fruits thoroughly.
- Halve brussels sprout and throw them into a mixing or tossing bowl.
- Add black seedless grapes, chopped apples and chopped onions.
- Add two to three tablespoons of honey, a dash of red chilli powder and black pepper powder.
- Add a teaspoon of dried thyme or a sprig of fresh thyme.
- Add a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix thoroughly and ensure that all the vegetables and fruits are well coated.
Roast The Fruits & Vegetables
- Spread the seasoned vegetables and fruits on a baking tray or an oven safe skillet.
- Transfer to an oven preheated to 225°C (437°F) and roast for 15 minutes.
- 15 minutes later, remove the skillet from the oven to layer chunks of mozzarella on top of the vegetables and fruits.
- Transfer the skillet back to the oven and continue to roast for another 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
That’s all to it. Serve the salad hot or warm.
A warm salad recipe – Brussels sprouts salad, another healthy recipe, the hissing cooker way.