Ours will most certainly be the easiest mash recipe out there. You don’t need to follow any fancy technique taught in master chef to make great mash. Boil or baked your potatoes and blitz away. It is that simple. We are not going to advocate this sweet potato mash recipe as a complete potato replacement opportunity. While sweet potatoes are a tad healthier than the regular potatoes, you should not miss out on the goodness of the latter. Consider this sweet potato recipe as a hammer that shatters monotony. Make sweet potato mash as often as the other mash.
You can make sweet potato mash in two ways. One way is by boiling the sweet potatoes in milk and the other way is by baking them. We stuck to the former as we love the resultant flavoured milk. Click here for the flavoured milk recipe.
Our sweet potato mash recipe will yield 2 servings, with 312 kilocalories in each. To use our sweet potato mash recipe, you will need the following ingredients,
Ingredients, Measurements & Nutritional Values
|To Pressure Cook|
|Sweet potatoes||650 grams|
|Thyme dried||1 teaspoon|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
- Sweet potatoes are a good source of vitamin D. Vitamin D is both a vitamin and a hormone that is very important to maintain a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin B6 in sweet potatoes break down a substance called as homocysteine. Homocysteine contributes to the hardening of blood vessels and arteries.
Video Walk Through : Sweet Potato Mash Recipe – How To Make Sweet Potato Mash?
Instructions : Sweet Potato Mash Recipe – How To Make Sweet Potato Mash ?
- Wash, peel, chop and dice sweet potatoes.
- Transfer them to a pressure cooker and cover them with a pint of milk.
- Pressure cook them for 4 whistles and allow the pressure to release naturally. If you do not own a pressure cooker, cook the sweet potatoes with double the quantity of milk on medium-low heat until the sweet potatoes are soft and mushy. It should take about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Drain the solids and transfer them to a blender. Add 100 ml of milk left in the pressure cooker and drink the rest.
- Add little black pepper , salt to your taste and blitz into a smooth paste. You may choose to leave out black pepper if it does not suit your taste.
- Transfer the mash to a bowl and sprinkle very little dry thyme before serving.
Sweet Potato Mash Recipe – How To Make Sweet Potato Mash? Another healthy recipe, the hissing cooker way.