Stuffed french toast is inspired by the Hong Kong style french toast we enjoyed at Kam Wah cafe. Our version of this classic is very nutritious and filling. This stuffed french toast is a balanced meal and it is guaranteed to become a regular on your dining table.
Our recipe makes four slices of stuffed french toast. One slice contains 438 kilo calories.The ingredients you will need make stuffed french toast are as follows,
Ingredients, Measurements & Nutritional Values
|For Egg Wash|
|For Base & Stuffing|
|Whole wheat naan||2|
|Homemade peanut butter||100 grams|
|Maple syrup||2 tablespoon|
|Mozzarella or Paneer||A handful|
|Sunflower oil||1 tablespoon|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
- Linoleic acid in Paneer increases the fat burning process in the body. Calcium and phosphorous aid in development and maintenance of bones and teeth.
- Peanut butter supplies quality protein and satiates you.
- Betaine and choline in eggs are heart friendly.
Video Walk Through : Stuffed French Toast – Hong Kong Style French Toast
Instructions – Stuffed French Toast – Hong Kong Style French Toast
Prep Egg Wash
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs.
- Add a splash of milk to the eggs.
- Beat the eggs well for 2 minutes and set aside,
Assemble The Toast
- Apply peanut butter on one half of whole wheat naan. Click here or on any of the hyperlinks for whole wheat naan recipe.
- Drizzle some honey over the peanut butter.
- Crumble some home made paneer or mozzarella on top of the peanut butter and honey.
- Drizzle some more honey.
- Fold and bathe it in the egg wash.
Fry The Toast
- Set a pan on medium heat
- Add one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of sunflower oil.
- Place the egg bathed stuffed naan on top of the grease. Cook each side for 2 minutes before flipping.
- After allow each side to brown for 2 minutes, remove from heat.
- Slice the stuffed french toast and serve it hot with a tablespoon of maple syrup.
Stuffed French Toast – Hong Kong Style French Toast, another healthy recipe, the hissing cooker way.