Whole wheat pizza of Rajma is a great way to put nutrients into your body. In every angle it is a delicious wholesome meal.Pizza is not junk when made with the right ingredients. A good pizza is the one in which the sauce and the base compliment each other. There should be no power struggle at all. The sauce that we are going to make is very versatile. When you are not in a mood for whole wheat pizza, you can pair it with rice, millet or roti.
Our whole wheat pizza recipe yields 6 slices, with each slice supplying 314 kilo calories. To make our Whole Wheat Pizza, you will need the following ingredients,
Ingredients, Measurements & Nutritional Values
|To Pressure Cook|
|Kidney beans (Rajma)||50 grams|
|For Tomato Puree|
|Everything Else for Sauce|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|100% natural tomato paste||25 grams|
|Dried fenugreek leaves||1 teaspoon|
|Red chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||15 ml|
|Palm jaggery (Karupatti)||10 grams|
|Homemade whole milk cheese||100 grams|
|Whole wheat pizza dough||worth 6 slices|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
- The fiber in Rajma lowers cholesterol and stabilizes blood sugar. It also boosts iron store.
- Whole wheat aids digestion, lowers cholesterol and blood pressure. It is also known to reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome and prevents gallstones.
Video Walk Through : Whole Wheat Pizza – Kidney Bean Pizza – Rajma Pizza – Pizza Sauce From Scratch
Instructions – Whole Wheat Pizza – Kidney Bean Pizza – Rajma Pizza – Pizza Sauce From Scratch
Prep Tomato Paste
- De-seed ripe tomatoes.
- Add de-seeded tomatoes, shallots, garlic and green chilli to a blender.
- Blitz into a smooth paste.
Prep Kidney Beans (Rajma)
- Soak kidney beans in water for 24 hours.
- 24 hours later, discard the water. Wash and sort the beans thoroughly.
Pressure Cook Kidney Beans (Rajma)
- Transfer soaked kidney beans to a pressure cooker.
- Cover with water.
- Pressure cook for 30 minutes and allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Drain the pressure cooked kidney beans through a colander and retain the stock.
Make Pizza Sauce
- Set a sauce pan or pot on medium heat.
- Add extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add pressure cooked kidney beans and half cup of stock from the pressure cooker. Mix well and bring it to a boil
- Add kashmiri red chilli powder, palm jaggery and salt to taste. Kashmiri red chilli powder gives a vibrant red colour and a mild heat to the sauce. You may use cane or coconut jaggery instead of palm jaggery. Brown sugar also is an option. However, palm jaggery is the healthiest choice.
- Add 100% whole and natural tomato paste and mix it in. Should you not find this in your neighborhood store, skip it.
- Add dried fenugreek leaves and apple cider vinegar. Mix well, simmer and reduce for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
Assemble & Bake Pizza
- Dust and grease your pizza crisper or your pizza stone or whatever you have. Preheat your oven to 225 °C (437 °F).
- Roll out the whole wheat pizza dough. Pizza dough recipe here
- Load it on the pizza stone and brush it with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Spread the kidney bean pizza sauce evenly.
- Top it up with whole milk paneer or any unprocessed cheese of your choice.
- Load the assembly into the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until done. You know your oven best. ( If you don’t have an oven, finish it off in a closed pan on a stove top. Just cook it like any flat bread)
- 15 minutes later, remove from oven and rest the pizza for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
100% whole wheat pizza dough recipe here.
Whole Wheat Pizza – Kidney Bean Pizza – Pizza Sauce From Scratch, another healthy recipe, the hissing cooker way.