This avocado raita recipe will be good with any biryani or pulao. Pick an avocado that is moderately ripe for this raita recipe. Look at the eye of the avocado, it should be golden brown for it to be perfectly ripe. A dark or a black eye denotes a very ripe avocado and a green one is just not there yet.
Our avocado raita recipe will yield 6 servings, with 170 kilocalories in each. To follow our raita recipe, you will need the ingredients listed below.
Ingredients, Measurements & Nutritional Values
|Lemon juice||14 ml|
|Ginger powder||A pinch|
|Fennel powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Paprika powder||1/4 teaspoon|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
- Avocado is a rich source of heart friendly oleic acid.
- Yogurt is a good source of calcium. Calcium makes the fat cells pump out less cortisol, while the amino acids burn fat.
Video Walk Through – Raita Recipe – Avocado Raita – Raita For Biryani – Avocado Salad
Instructions – Raita Recipe – Avocado Raita – Raita For Biryani – Avocado Salad
- Pick a moderately ripe avocado. The ones with a golden brown eye will be of the right consistency
- Cut open the avocado around the seed into two halves. The seed might fall right off or tap with a knife to screw it out.
- Use a spoon, scoop out all the flesh. Transfer the scooped out flesh to a mixing bowl.
- Chop the flesh roughly using a knife.
- Add lemon juice to the chopped avocado flesh.
- Add de-seeded and chopped tomatoes, sliced onions, a pinch of ginger powder, fennel powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder and black pepper powder. Mix and mash well using the bowl of a spoon.
- Add yogurt and salt to your taste. Mix well for one last time.
- Dust little paprika before serving.
A good biryani deserves a great raita. This raita recipe manages to deliver just that.
Raita Recipe – Avocado Raita – Raita For Biryani- Avocado Salad, another healthy recipe, the hissing cooker way.