Quail is a very delicate bird with rich flavours. It is fairly easy to cook quail, but you need to keep a close watch. Under-cooked or Over-cooked quail is unappetizing and you don’t want that. Our quail recipe sticks to the basics of the East Indian way of flavoring and cooking poultry. A juicy center determines perfection and achieving it isn’t all that difficult. Follow our recipe as is and pay a little attention while roasting the bird. Our roast quail recipe yields 2 servings, with 242 kilocalories in each. To follow our quail recipe, you will need the ingredients listed below,
Ingredients, Measurements & Nutritional Value
|Quail – whole||2|
|Ginger & garlic paste||1 tablespoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 tablespoon|
|Pepper powder||1 teaspoon|
|Lemon Juice||2 tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1.5 tablespoons|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
- Quail meat is extremely low in fat and cholesterol. It contains a wide range of macro-nutrients and vitamins such as B, E & K.
Video Walk Through : Quail Recipe – Roast Quail
Instructions : Quail Recipe – Roast Quail
- Wash and dry the birds thoroughly with a kitchen towel.
- Score the birds with a sharp knife.
- Rub some freshly squeezed lemon juice all over the bird and set aside.
- To a mixing bowl add extra virgin olive oil, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, pepper powder, coriander powder and salt to taste. Mix everything well and make a marinade.
- Rub the marinade all over the quail, both inside and outside. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. If you are short of time, marinate at least for 4 hours.
- 24 hours later, transfer the birds to a baking rack or an oven safe skillet.
- Transfer the baking rack to an oven preheated to 225ºC (437ºF) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- After 10 to 12 minutes, remove the birds from the oven and rest them for 10 minutes. You can also probe the doneness with a meat thermometer. An internal temperature between 60 to 65ºC (140-150ºF) gives a perfect juicy center.
Enjoy your quail as is or with mint dip. We will release the recipe for mint dip shortly.
Quail Recipe – Roast Quail, another healthy recipe, the hissing cooker way.