Though organs are absolutely healthy and delicious, they are an acquired taste for many. Organs are a super source of every other nutrient, key vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and amino acids. Don’t say no, just make a face and eat them. That is only if making a face comforts you in anyway. Maybe in a few days you might learn to love them.
Our intent was to fry some chicken liver but our clueless butcher cannot differentiate between liver and heart. We ordered 800 grams of liver only to end up with 300 grams of heart as filler. Anyway, this is a straight forward recipe that takes only 6 to 7 minutes to cook. Care should be taken to ensure that nothing gets overcooked, especially the hearts. Over cooked hearts are chewy and not so great. It is better to leave them slightly underdone with a pinkish center.
This offal recipe will yield 2 servings, with 835 kilocalories in each. To follow our recipe, you will need the ingredients listed below.
Ingredients, Measurements & Nutritional Values
|Sunflower oil||1 tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 tablespoon|
|Dried fig||100 grams|
|Chicken heart||300 grams|
|Chicken liver||500 grams|
|White pepper powder||1/2 tablespoon|
|Toasted sesame seeds||2 tablespoon|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
Video Walk Through – Offal – Honey Glazed Liver & Heart
Instructions – Offal – Honey Glazed Liver & Heart
- Set a pan on medium heat.
- Add sunflower oil and allow it to heat up.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and chopped dried fig to the oil. Saute for one minute.
- Add chicken hearts and saute for 2 minutes.
- 2 minutes later, add chicken liver and sear for 30 seconds.
- Add white pepper powder, salt to taste and honey. Mix well and cook for 4 minutes, nothing more.
- 4 minutes later, turn off the heat and sprinkle little pan toasted sesame seeds on top.
Offal – Honey Glazed Liver & Heart, another healthy recipe, the hissing cooker way.