Making peanut butter at home is fairly simple. We will show you how to make homemade peanut butter with ease. To make peanut butter you either need patience or a powerful grinder. A less powerful grinder will take double the time and if you were to use a bigger grinding jar, use at least 200 grams of peanuts. Else you will waste a lot of time scraping and pushing peanut chunks with a spatula.
Homemade peanut butter is very nutritious and is free of additives and preservatives. Peanut butter can be consumed as is, used in toasts and sandwiches. We even use peanut butter in many of our curries and pilafs.
A few of our recipes using fresh homemade peanut butter are as follows,
Our HOW TO recipe of peanut butter will yield about 13 tablespoons of peanut butter, with 91 kilocalories in each. To follow our instructions, you will need the ingredients listed below.
Ingredients Measurements & Nutritional Values
|Dry roasted peanuts||100 grams|
|Coconut oil||1/2 tablespoon|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
- Peanut butter lowers the risk of Type 2 diabetes.Facts
- Peanut butter is a rich source of heart friendly mono-unsaturated fat.
Video Walk Through : How To Make Homemade Peanut Butter ?
Instructions : How To Make Homemade Peanut Butter ?
- Dry roast peanuts on a heavy bottomed skillet on medium heat. Roast the peanuts until they mildly brown. You can also roast them in an oven. Spread the peanuts on a baking tray and roast in an oven preheated to 225ºC (437ºF) for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool down.
- Remove skin by rubbing the peanuts between your palm.
Make Peanut Butter
(NEVER ADD EVEN A DROP OF WATER WHILE GRINDING)
- Transfer dry roasted peanuts to a grinder.
- Add little coconut oil.
- Lid on and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Remove lid. Using a spatula or a spoon push the crumbed peanuts sticking to the walls of the grinder towards the blade.
- Lid on and blitz on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Remove lid. Now the peanuts would appear oily and thick. Using a spatula or a spoon scrape off peanut sticking to the walls of the grinder and push them towards the blade again.
- Lid on and blitz on high again for a minute.
- Your peanut butter is ready. Rest for 10 to 15 minutes before using it. The total time taken to make peanut depends on the power of your grinder. Ours is quite powerful and it took us 2 minutes.
We use peanut butter extensively in our recipe. Do frequent our blog or YouTube channel for updates.