If every screw-up were to taste this good, not a morsel would be wasted in this planet. Consider this a free style chicken biryani and divorce the biryani connoisseur in you to flow with the universe. The great quality meat purchased from licious.in also helped accentuate the flavours further. On the day of the shoot we couldn’t find chicken thighs with skin and that’s our only regret. Should you choose to follow our recipe, use the cuts with skin.
Our recipe will yield 6 servings, with 552 kilocalories in each. To follow our recipe, you will need the ingredients listed below,
Ingredients, Measurements & Nutritional Values
|To Prep Brown Rice|
|Brown rice – short grain||400 grams|
|Water to soak rice||1 litre|
|For Biryani Paste|
|Sunflower oil||1 tablespoon|
|Chicken thighs||1 kg|
|Nutmeg powder||A pinch|
|Mint leaves||30 grams|
|Coriander leaves||30 grams|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tablespoon|
|Hot water||1.1 litre|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
Instructions – How To Make Chicken Biryani – Brown Rice Biryani
Prep Brown Rice
Note – Make this biryani only with short gained brown rice.
- Soak brown rice in water for 2 hours minimum.
- 2 hours later, wash and sort the brown rice thoroughly and set it aside.
Make Biryani Paste
- To a blender add shallots, ginger, garlic and green chilli. Blitz into a coarse paste and set aside.
Sear Chicken Thighs
- Set a pot on medium heat.
- Add sunflower oil and allow it to heat up.
- Add chicken thighs in batches and sear them for 3 minutes. Do not over crowd the pot.
- Once seared, remove from heat and set aside.
- Allow the pot to continue on medium heat.
Make Chicken Biryani
- Add ghee to the hot pot and allow it to heat up.
- Add cinnamon sticks, cloves, green cardamom and mace. Saute for 2 minutes.
- 2 minutes later, add the biryani paste and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the seared chicken, mint leaves, coriander leaves, red chilli powder and salt to taste. Mix well for 2 minutes.
- Add the soaked brown rice followed by plain hot water. Mix well yet gently without breaking the grains and bring to a simmer.
- Seal the mouth of the pot with aluminium foil and lid it tightly. Once sealed, remove the pot from direct heat and mount it atop a skillet or pan. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 50 minutes.
- 50 minutes later, turn off the heat and rest the pot sealed for 20 minutes on your kitchen counter.
- 20 minutes later, unseal the pot and mix gently without breaking the grains.
- Serve hot with raita.
How To Make Chicken Biryani – Brown Rice Biryani, another healthy recipe, the hissing cooker way.