This gluten free cake recipe of cocoa and chickpea is the first of our ‘gluten free’ series. The creaminess of chickpeas when blended with whole dark cocoa creates a flavor that dark chocolate enthusiasts would appreciate.
Besides being a dessert, this gluten free cake recipe of cocoa and chickpea is a wholesome meal that can be enjoyed at any time of the day. Our recipe is quite simple to follow and will yield 8 slices. Each slice of this gluten free cake recipe has 94 kilocalories. You will need the following ingredients to make this cocoa chickpea cake.
Ingredients, Measurements, Nutritional Values
|To Pressure Cook|
|Chickpea ( Chana )||100 grams|
|For Cake Batter|
|100% cocoa-unsweetened||1 tablespoon|
|Cardamom powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Natural vanilla extract||1 teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1/4 teaspoon|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
- Chickepeas are rich in protein and fiber and they have a low glycemic index.
- Chickpeas lower the level of bad cholesterol also known as low-density lipoprotein (LDL) in the blood.
- Polyphenols in cocoa reduce oxidation of bad cholesterol and prevents heart attack and stroke.
Video Walk Through : Gluten Free Cake Recipe Of Cocoa & Chickpea
Instructions – Gluten Free Cake Recipe Of Cocoa & Chickpea
- Soak chickpeas in water for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, discard the water and wash the chickpeas thoroughly.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a pressure cooker.
- Cover chickpeas with water and pressure cook the chickpeas for 30 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Drain the solids through a colander and allow them to cool down.
Make Chickpea Paste
- Transfer pressure cooked chickpeas into
- Add very little milk and blitz into a smooth paste.
Make Cake Batter
- Transfer the chickpea paste to a mixing bowl.
- Add unsweetened cocoa, egg, melted butter, honey, milk, cardamom powder and natural vanilla extract. Mix everything together.
- Add baking powder and baking soda. Mix quickly for 10 seconds.
- Grease a cake tin. Pour the mixture in and spread it evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 225ºC or 437ºF for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes run a toothpick or knife through the body of the cake. If it comes out clean, it is done.
- Rest the cake on a cooling rack for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
Serve the cocoa chickpea cake with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
Gluten Free Cake Recipe Of Cocoa & Chickpea, Another healthy recipe, the hissing cooker way.