Our ginger potato curry recipe is very easy to follow and takes very minimal effort. One of our mothers was a working lady and she made variations of this curry frequently. A comforting curry like this pairs well with any bread, dosa and rice. It can also be enjoyed as is.
Keep things simple and you will end up with a fantastic potato curry. Our easy ginger potato curry recipe will yield 2 servings, with 311 kilocalories in each. To follow our potato curry recipe, you will need the ingredients listed below,
Ingredients, Measurements & Nutritional Values
|To Pressure Cook|
|Sunflower oil||1 tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 teaspoon|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
- Potatoes are rich in iron, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium and zinc. These minerals contribute to healthy bones.
- Potatoes are a good source of fiber, vitamin C & B6. When consumed in moderation, potatoes decrease the risk of heart disease.
Video Walk Through : A Simple Ginger Potato Curry Recipe
Instructions : A Simple Ginger Potato Curry Recipe
- Wash, dice and transfer potatoes to a pressure cooker.
- Cover with water and add a pinch of turmeric.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles and allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Drain the solids through a colander and retain some stock.
Make Potato Curry
- Set a sauce pan or pot on medium heat.
- Add sunflower oil.
- Add cumin seeds, ginger, green chilli, onions and salt to your taste. Saute briskly for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped and de-seeded tomatoes. Continue to saute until the tomatoes sweat.
- Add the pressure cooked potatoes, a pinch of turmeric powder and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add very little stock and mix.
- Reduce the water content on medium heat for 10 minutes.
Serve as you wish. This ginger potato curry recipe goes well with any bread, dosa and rice. You can also enjoy it as is.
Potato Curry Recipe – A Comforting Ginger Potato Curry, another healthy recipe, the hissing cooker way