This frozen banana recipe is one of the many ways of enjoying a banana. Well ripened bananas are best suited for this recipe. We chose ripe plantains, the nendram variety from South India. You may use any banana or plantain of your choice, but make sure it is ripe.
Our frozen banana recipe will yield 2 servings, with 614 kilocalories in each. To make frozen chocolate banana, you will need the ingredients listed below,
Ingredients, Measurements & Nutritional Values
|Nendram Pazham (Plantain)||2|
|For Nut Crumb|
|Roasted peanut (Groundnut)||50 grams|
|For Chocolate Sauce|
|Green cardamom powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Palm Jaggery||50 grams|
|100% cocoa-unsweetened||2 tablespoon|
|Cheddar cheese||50 grams|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
- Bananas act as a natural antacid by providing relief from heartburn and acid reflux.
Video Walk Through – Frozen Banana Recipe – Frozen Chocolate Banana – Frozen Banana Pops
Instructions – Frozen Banana Recipe – Frozen Chocolate Banana – Frozen Banana Pops
- Peel two ripe plantains or bananas.
- Skewer the bananas length wise with wooden skewers and set aside.
Prep Nut Crumb
- Add roasted peanuts to a grinder.
- Pulse twice for 2 seconds each.
- Transfer the peanut crumbs to a tray.
Make Chocolate Sauce
- Set a pan on medium heat.
- Add butter and allow it to melt.
- Add a pinch of green cardamom powder to the melting butter.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Add palm jaggery, cocoa powder, cheddar cheese and a pinch of salt. Mix well and reduce on medium heat for 5 minutes. If you cannot find palm jaggery, use cane or coconut jaggery. You may substitute with brown sugar as well, but palm jaggery is the healthiest option.
- Turn off the heat once the sauce is reduced to a thick and sticky consistency.
- Roll the skewered bananas in the chocolate sauce and coat them thoroughly.
- Roll the chocolate covered bananas on peanut crumbs.
- Transfer the bananas to a freezer for 4 hours.
- 4 hours later, remove from freezer and serve immediately.
Frozen Banana Recipe – Frozen Chocolate Banana – Frozen Banana Pops, another healthy recipe, the hissing cooker way.