Our easy tandoori chicken recipe is an inspired dish. We researched a few years to perfect this recipe and it was worth the effort. You can always make great tasting tandoori chicken right at home with or without a tandoor. Installing a clay oven in an urban home is impractical. To make this easy tandoori chicken recipe, three things are mandatory. A good heat source, well hung curd and mustard oil. No, olive oil won’t do. Mustard oil is equally healthy and you must use it.
While using our easy tandoori chicken recipe follow one simple rule. Do not use any water in the marinade. Follow the instructions as is for best results. Our easy tandoori chicken recipe will yield two chicken thighs, with each supplying 471 kilo calories. To make this healthy recipe you will need the following ingredients,
Ingredients, Measurements & Nutritional Values
|Lemon Juice||2 tablespoon|
|Hung curd||80 grams|
|Ginger & garlic paste||1 tablespoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 tablespoon|
|Fenugreek leaves||1 tablespoon|
|Mustard oil||1 tablespoon|
|Mustard oil||1/2 tablespoon|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
- Chicken is a great lean-fat protein source that keeps your bad cholesterol in check.
- Selenium in chicken lowers the risk of developing arthritis.
- The good bacteria in curd improves your immunity by fighting with several microorganisms.
Video Walk Through : Easy Tandoori Chicken Recipe – Oven Baked – Oven Baked – How To Make Tandoori Chicken
Instructions – Easy Tandoori Chicken Recipe – Oven Baked – How To Make Tandoori Chicken
- Wash and pat dry the chicken thighs using a clean kitchen towel.
- Score the chicken thighs with a sharp knife.
- Add lemon juice and massage the chicken thighs briefly. Set them aside.
Make Tandoori Marinade
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Add hung curd, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder, dried fenugreek leaves and salt to your taste. Mix well. Make hung curd by following the instructions here.
Marinate The Chicken
- Add chicken thighs to the tandoori marinade and smear the marinade all over.
- Drizzle a few drops of mustard oil.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours for best results. If time is not on your side, marinate the chicken at least for 8 hours.
Make Tandoori Chicken
- 24 hours later, transfer the marinated chicken thighs to a baking tray. Drizzle a few drops of mustard oil.
- Transfer the chicken to an oven preheated to 225ºC (437ºF) and bake for for 25 minutes. The internal temperature of the chicken thigh should be between 69ºC to 72ºC (156.20ºF – 161.60ºF). Anything below that will be raw or under-cooked and anything above this threshold will be dry and chewy. A digital thermometer is a good tool to own.
- 25 minutes later, rest the chicken for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve the tandoori chicken hot and enjoy it as is. You can also dip it in mint chutney, but we found it unnecessary as our tandoori chicken was so flavourful on its own.
If you do not have an oven in your kitchen, do not worry. You can still use this easy tandoori chicken recipe. Grab a heavy bottomed skillet with some depth and a lid. Line the bottom with tin or aluminium foil. Spread a cup or two of rock salt and throw in some potatoes . Mount the chicken thighs on the potato bed, cover with a lid and cook on medium heat. After 15 to 20 minutes check the internal temperature and decide if it has to cook further.
Our easy tandoori chicken recipe – Oven Baked – How To Make Tandoori Chicken, a perfectly healthy recipe, the hissing cooker way.