This easy taco recipe is our second using our homemade bbq sauce. Yesterday we showed you the simplest way to make whole corn tortillas and now it is time to put these gluten free tortillas to good use.
Our easy taco recipe uses goat shoulder and a couple of root vegetables. We slow roasted goat and vegetables together for 6 hours and it was time well invested. Our easy taco recipe will yield 4 servings, with 397 kilocalories in each. You will need the following ingredients to pull this off just like the way we did,
Ingredients, Measurements & Nutritional Values
|For Pulled Goat Shoulder|
|Goat shoulder||600 grams|
|Red chilli power||3 tablespoon|
|Homemade bbq sauce||1 ladle|
|Sweet potato||125 grams|
|To Assemble Taco|
|Whole corn torillas||4|
|Homemade bbq sauce||4 tablespoon|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
- High volumes of vitamin B12 in goat meat offers relief from stress and depression. Low levels of sodium and high levels of potassium control blood pressure and prevent stroke and kidney disease.
- Our homemade bbq sauce is a good source of antioxidants such as polyphenol and flavonoids. These antioxidants promote heart health.
- Our whole corn tortillas are a rich source of phytochemicals that offer protection from chronic diseases, conditions such as hemorrhoids and colorectal cancer.
Video Walk Through : Easy Taco Recipe – Pulled Goat & Roast Vegetable Taco
Instructions : Easy Taco Recipe – Pulled Goat & Roast Vegetable Taco
Prep Goat Shoulder
- Wash goat shoulder thoroughly and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- Transfer it to a large enough plate or bowl.
- Smear the goat shoulder with 2 or 3 tablespoons of red chilli powder and salt to your taste.
- Cover & refrigerate for 24 hours.
Make Goat Shoulder & Roasted Vegetables
- Grease an oven safe pot or container with any cooking oil.
- Roughly peel and chop a sweet potato and layer it at the bottom of the pot. Do the same with carrots too. Chopping these vegetables or using them whole is your choice.
- Remove the goat shoulder from the refrigerator and pour a ladle of homemade bbq sauce over it. Smear it well on both sides.
- Mount the goat shoulder on top of the vegetables.
- Cover the pot with a lid and transfer it to an oven preheated to 225ºC (437ºF). On top of the pot or at the bottom keep a bowl of water to produce steam.
- Immediately reduce the temperature of the oven to 135ºC (275ºF) and roast for 6 hours.
- 6 hours later, remove the pot from the oven and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the goat shoulder to a chopping board or a plate. Using a fork, pull the meat. It should fall off without any effort.
- Follow our whole corn tortilla recipe and make 4 soft tortillas. Click here or the highlighted hyperlinks everywhere for the recipe.
- Wrap the corn tortillas in a clean kitchen towel and set aside.
Assemble The Taco
- Divide the pulled goat shoulder and roasted vegetables into four equal servings.
- Line 4 whole corn tortillas on a chopping board.
- Load them with one serving each of pulled goat shoulder.
- Now bring in the roasted vegetables.
- Pour some homemade bbq sauce on top and serve immediately.
We will be releasing a few more easy taco recipe(s) in the future. Frequent our blog or YouTube channel for updates.
Easy Taco Recipe – Pulled Goat Taco, another healthy recipe, the hissing cooker way.