Easy Roast Chicken With Crispy Skin – How To Roast A Chicken ?
Crispy skin is the highlight of a good chicken roast. Our easy roast chicken recipe promises you just that. Crispy skin on the outside, moist and juicy meat on the inside. The easy roast chicken we are about to show you is a product of our research, spun across many years. Like the most of you, we have roasted way too many birds without great results. This easy roast chicken recipe is our tribute to all the birds, whose emotions we hurt.
The chicken skin has to be dry and void of any moisture to turn crispy while roasting. Moisture in the skin will create steam and leaves you with a soggy roast. It is better to eat a naked chicken roast than a roast with soggy skin. Our easy roast chicken recipe uses the salted boiling water technique. Chicken skin like any other skin has protective oils that retain moisture. Boiling water breaks this oil barrier and lets the moisture evaporate easily. Remember what happens to your skin after a hot water bath. Your skin dries out, this is what we will achieve in our easy roast chicken recipe.
Follow our recipe as is and you will be left with a perfect roast chicken. Our easy roast chicken recipe has 3027 kilo calories on the whole. To make our easy roast chicken you will need the following ingredients,
Ingredients, Measurements & Nutritional Values
|Dry Rub Fir Chicken|
|Chickpea flour (Besan)||2 tablespoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1 teaspoon|
|Salted Hot Water To Dry Chicken Skin|
|Whole chicken with skin||1.3 kgs|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 tablespoon|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
- Chicken skin being unhealthy is just a myth. About 55% of the fat found in chicken skin is monounsaturated fat. This is similar to the heart friendly fats found in olive oil. Monounsaturated fact regulates blood cholesterol levels and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- Chicken is low on fat and high on protein. Protein promotes muscle growth.
- Selenium in chicken lowers the risk of developing arthritis.
Video Walk Through : Easy Roast Chicken With Crispy Skin – How To Roast A Chicken ?
Instructions – Easy Roast Chicken With Crispy Skin – How To Roast A Chicken ?
Make Dry Rub For Chicken
- Set a pan on medium heat.
- Add chickpea flour (besan), red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Toast for a minute or two and set aside to cool down. Pay close attention so that the spices are not burnt.
Make Salt Water
- Bring two liters of water to a rolling boil.
- Add a handful of salt and dissolve it.
- Turn off the heat.
Prep The Bird
- Mount a colander over a large mixing bowl.
- Place the chicken in the colander.
- Pour the salted boiling water over the chicken. Kindly watch our YouTube video above to understand it better.
- Remove the chicken from the colander and pat it dry with a kitchen towel. Both on the inside and outside.
- Pork the chicken everywhere with a sharp knife.
Marinate Bird With Dry Rub
- Place the scored chicken in a dry mixing bowl.
- Apply the dry rub generously and coat the chicken well. Apply dry rub in the cavity as well.
- Place the chicken in a dry colander and refrigerate uncovered for 24 hours. This dries the skin further.
Roast The Bird
- 24 hours later, transfer the chicken to a roasting rack and brush a little extra virgin olive oil on the skin.
- Transfer the rack with the bird to an oven preheated to 250ºC (482 ºF) for 25 minutes.
- 25 minutes later, flip the bird and roast for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Check the internal temperature of the chicken with a food thermometer. It should be around 69 to 75 ºC (156-167 ºF). If you do not have a thermometer, you should understand the cooking times of your oven better.
- Rest the roast chicken for 10 minutes. This allows the juices to flow inside evenly.
- Carve and serve as you wish.
Serve hot as is or with our chimichurri sauce . Your can use the left overs of our easy roast chicken in sandwiches and wraps.
Easy Roast Chicken – How To Roast A Chicken ? another healthy recipe, the hissing cooker way.