Our easy frittata recipe is inspired by the Kalaki of Tamil Nadu. We borrowed notes from the best Kalakees and built an easy frittata recipe of our own. Kalaki is a medium done omelette spiced by a thimble of madras curry. In spite of having our own version of madras curry, we decided against using it to make this frittata. We were adamant about giving a unique identity to our easy frittata recipe. We are happy to have made this decision. This frittata tastes great. Trust us, we don’t exaggerate.
Tender coconut flesh adds a smooth texture to this frittata, whereas the sugars in raisins balance the heat. Our easy frittata recipe will yield 6 slices, with 180 kilo calories in each. You will need the following ingredients to make our easy frittata recipe,
Ingredients, Measurements & Nutritional Values
|To Prep Eggs|
|For Curry Paste|
|Tender coconut flesh||100 grams|
|Fennel seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||A pinch|
|Coriander powder||1 tablespoon|
|Pepper powder||a dash|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
- Eggs contain all eight essential amino acids and are considered a complete source of protein.
- Vitamin A in eggs promote healthy skin. It also improves immunity and aids good vision.
- Vitamin B2 in eggs improve your metabolism.
- Eggs are known to be high in cholesterol, but they raise the good cholesterol called as High Density Lipoprotein. This reduces the risk of heart disease. Go ahead and google “HDL Cholesterol: The GoodCholesterol”.
- Tender coconut flesh has balanced levels of Potassium and Sodium which help in maintaining a healthy blood pressure.
Video Walk Through : Easy Frittata Recipe of Tender Coconut
Instructions – Easy Frittata Recipe of Tender Coconut
- Set a pan on medium heat.
- Toast cinnamon stick, green cardamom, raisins and fennel seeds for a minute or two. Pay close attention so that the spices are not burnt.
- Set aside.
Make Curry Paste
- Add tender coconut flesh, onion, tomato, green chilli and toasted spices to a blender.
- Blitz into a smooth paste.
- Add eggs to a mixing bowl.
- Add a splash of milk to the eggs and beat it briskly for a minute or two using a wire whisk.
- Set aside.
- Set an oven safe pan or skillet on medium heat.
- Add extra virgin olive oil.
- Once the oil heats up, add the curry paste and saute it for a minute or two.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt to your taste. Mix and allow everything to blend for a minute.
- Lower the heat to medium-low.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs to the pan. Mix gently for 30 seconds and allow the eggs to set. Kindly watch the YouTube video above to understand the texture and consistency.
- Once the eggs are mildly set, move the pan into an oven preheated to 225ºC (437ºF) and bake for 10 minutes.
- 10 minutes later, remove the pan from the oven and rest the frittata for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slice and serve with a dash of pepper.
Enjoy it as is or with our chimichurri sauce.
Easy Frittata Recipe of Tender Coconut, another healthy recipe, the hissing cooker way.