Our dill semolina pudding recipe is a quick fix meal for any time of the day. This semolina pudding recipe is a no-nonsense assembly that makes the best use of simple ingredients. Dill is the main attraction in this semolina pudding recipe. The citrusy bitterness of dill is balanced perfectly by the heat from black pepper. Garlic cloves marinated in extra virgin olive oil add to the bite. It also sprays grandeur on this humble semolina pudding recipe.
Our dill semolina pudding recipe yields 2 servings,with 361 kilo calories in each. Ingredients required to make this semolina pudding recipe are as follows,
Ingredients, Measurements & Nutritional Values
|For Dill Paste|
|Fresh dill leaves||A handful|
|Whole black pepper||1/2 tablespoon|
|Garlic soaked in olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Wheat Semolina (Bansi rava)||125 grams|
|Hung curd||50 grams|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
- Semolina contains several B complex vitamins like folate and thiamin. These two improve metabolism by transforming food into usable energy.
- Potassium content in semolina improves kidney function.
- Dill is a chemo-protective food that helps in neutralizing a few carcinogens.
Video Walk Through : Dill Semolina Pudding Recipe – Rava Upma Recipe
Instructions – Dill Semolina Pudding Recipe – Rava Upma Recipe
Prep Whole Wheat Semolina
- Set a pan on medium heat.
- Add whole wheat semolina (bansi rava) and toast for a minute or two. Set it aside to cool. Pay close attention so that you don’t burn the semolina.
Toast Black Peppercorns & Mustard Seeds
- Set a pan on medium heat.
- Add black peppercorns and mustard seeds. Toast them for a minute or two without burning them.
- Set aside and allow to cool down.
Make Dill Paste
- Add fresh dill leaves, toasted black peppercorns and mustard eeds to a blender.
- Add a splash of water and blitz into a smooth paste.
Make The Pudding
- Set a sauce pan or pot on medium heat.
- Add butter and allow it to melt. To be honest, extra virgin olive oil pairs well with this semolina pudding recipe and makes it taste better.
- To the melting butter, add chopped onion, garlic soaked in olive oil and salt. Saute and sweat the onions for 5 minutes. If you haven’t soaked garlic in olive oil for at least a week, feel free to use fresh garlic.
- Add dill paste and saute for a minute or two.
- Add 375 – 400 ml of water and bring it to a boil. If you are using one cup of whole wheat semolina, you would need about 3 cups of water.
- Slowly sprinkle whole wheat semolina and mix simultaneously. This technique delivers a lump free pudding.
- Continue to mix until all the water is reduced and absorbed. Should take about 10 minutes.
Serve the pudding hot with a scoop of hung curd. It tastes great with hung curd and it is not something you should miss.
Dill Semolina Pudding Recipe – Rava Upma Recipe, another healthy recipe, the hissing cooker way.