Meenakshi Krishna asked for a banana crumb cake and here we are with something even more exciting. Our crumb cake recipe makes the best use of the Indian summer produce. We have packed the trinity of the fruit world into a cake tin. The trinity crumb cake is better enjoyed under done than cooking it all the way through. We hope the gooey body along with the crumbly surface will delight you.
All our recipes are wholesome and nutritious and our crumb cake recipe is no exception. However, indulge responsibly. A high calorie recipe such as this is healthy only when consumed in moderation. Our crumb cake recipe will yield 8 servings, with 255 kilocalories in each. You will need the following ingredients to make use our trinity crumb cake recipe,
Ingredients, Measurements & Nutritional Values
|For Cake Batter|
|Jackfruit flesh||150 grams|
|Mango flesh||150 grams|
|Whole wheat flour||150 grams|
|Sunflower oil||1 tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1/4 teaspoon|
|Roasted peanuts||150 grams|
|Palm Jaggery crushed||30 grams|
|Cold butter||20 grams|
|Wheat bran||15 grams|
Click the nutritional chart below to zoom
- High levels of tryptophan in bananas help overcome depression. Tryptophan when converted to serotonin acts as a happy-mood neurotransmitter.
- Jack fruit has high levels of vitamin C. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that improves immunity and offers protection against common diseases like cough, cold and flu. It has also been found to form a strong resistance against infections.
- Mangoes have abundance of vitamin E which improves virility in men.
Video Walk Through : Crumb Cake Recipe – The Trinity Crumb Cake – Fruit Cake – 100% Whole Wheat Cake
Instructions : Crumb Cake Recipe – The Trinity Crumb Cake – Fruit Cake – 100% Whole Wheat Cake
Make the crumb first
- Add toasted peanuts, palm jaggery, wheat bran and chopped cold butter to a grinder. Grind into a coarse mixture. If you do not have wheat bran feel free to use whole wheat flour.
- Refrigerate immediately.
Make Fruit Paste
- Add banana, mango and jackfruit to a blender. Blitz into a smooth paste.
Make Cake Batter & Cake
- Grease cake tin with any cooking oil and line it with parchment or baking paper.
- Add fruit paste to a mixing bowl.
- Add whole wheat flour, egg, honey and natural vanilla extract.
- Add little milk and mix everything thoroughly with a wire whisk. Taste the batter and decide if you want to add more honey.
- Add baking powder and baking soda. Whisk quickly for 10 seconds.
- Pour half the batter into the cake tin.
- Sprinkle a handful of the refrigerated crumb.
- Pour the remaining half of the cake batter over the crumb.
- Top up with the remaining crumb.
- Transfer the cake tin into an oven preheated oven to 225ºC (437ºF) for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes probe with a knife or tooth pick. If the probe comes out clean, you are all done. Do not overcook the cake. An underdone cake is way better than an overcooked cake.
- Rest the cake on a wire rack for 30 minutes before serving.
Serve the trinity crumb cake hot or at room temperature. You can also drizzle some maple syrup if that’s your thing.
Crumb Cake Recipe – The Trinity Crumb Cake, another healthy recipe, the hissing cooker way.