Couscous in Mushy peas is a great way to make mushy peas more interesting. This healthy recipe brings the best out of the very basic ingredients. Have you only thought of mushy peas as a side dish thus far? Well, think again. This has become our new comfort food and we hope you like it too. The following recipe yields two servings. One serving contains 282 kilo calories. To make mushy peas couscous, you will need the following ingredients,
Ingredients, Measurements & Nutritional Values
|For Mushy Peas|
|Frozen green peas||150 grams|
|Mint leaves||15 leaves|
|To Stir Fry|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
- High fiber in green pea regulates blood sugar and improves bowel health. It is packed with high levels of antioxidants and Vitamin K, which by the way builds bone mass.
- Fiber rich Couscous supplies a decent amount of protein. It is also a good source of Vitamin B. Certain nutrients present in couscous improve metabolism.
Video Walk Through : Mushy Peas Recipe – Couscous in Mushy Peas
Instructions – Mushy Peas Recipe – Couscous in Mushy Peas
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil on medium heat.
- Add green peas and cook them until they are soft and mushy.
- Drain green peas through a colander and retain the stock.
Make Mushy Peas
- Transfer boiled green peas to a blender.
- Add a handful of mint leaves and salt to taste.
- Add a splash of water and blitz into a smooth paste
Stir Fry With Couscous
- Set a sauce pan or pot on medium heat.
- Add butter and allow it to melt.
- Add mushy peas and fry for a minute.
- Add black pepper powder and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add 2 to 3 cups of pea stock and bring it to a boil.
- Add couscous and mix well. Lower the heat and cook until all the water is absorbed.
- Once all the water is absorbed, turn off the heat and serve hot.
Fluff up gently and serve hot. Mushy Peas Recipe – Couscous in Mushy Peas, another healthy recipe, the hissing cooker way.