Our barley risotto employs three of our homemade stuff. Our very own BBQ sauce, mayonnaise and peanut butter. The baby potatoes are roasted and tossed in our homemade mayonnaise. Vegetarians can substitute hung curd for mayonnaise. Barley is smothered with a divine mess of BBQ sauce and peanut butter. Click on the hyperlinks for the respective recipe.
Every morsel of this barley risotto recipe is nutritious and wholesome. Our barley risotto recipe will yield 4 servings, 497 with kilocalories in each. To follow our recipe, you will need the ingredients listed below.
Ingredients, Measurements & Nutritional Values
|Baby potatoes||500 grams|
|Sunflower oil||1 tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||14 ml|
|Coriander leaves||A handful|
|Homemade mayonnaise||1 tablespoon|
|To Pressure Cook|
|Pearl barley||200 grams|
|To Make Risotto|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1/2 tablespoon|
|Homemade BBQ Sauce||150 grams|
|Homemade Peanut butter||50 grams|
|Soy sauce||1/2 tablespoon|
Click on the nutritional chart below to zoom
- Niacin, a B Vitamin found in barley reduces cholesterol and lipoprotein levels.
- Our homemade bbq sauce is rich in antioxidant nutrients that promote cardiovascular health.
- Our fiber rich homemade peanut butter is a good source of healthy unsaturated fats.
- Our homemade mayonnaise is a rich source of iron. Iron carries oxygen in blood and also improves immunity and metabolism.
Video Walk Through : Barley Risotto With Roasted Baby Potatoes
Instructions : Barley Risotto With Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Soak pearl barley in water for 2 hours.
- 2 hours later, discard the water. Wash and sort barley thoroughly in running water.
- Transfer barley to a pressure cooker.
- Cover barley with water. The water level should be 1.5 millimetre above the surface of barley.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Once the pressure releases naturally, fluff barley with a fork and set aside.
Make Baby Potatoes
- Wash baby potatoes thoroughly and dry them with a clean kitchen towel. Set aside.
- Load a skillet or griddle on medium heat. Mount a pot that has a tight lid atop the griddle.
- Add butter to the pot, followed by sunflower oil.
- Add baby potatoes and salt to your taste. Saute in butter and oil for 2 minutes.
- Add a handful of coriander leaves.
- Cover the pot and allow the potatoes to roast on medium heat for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 35 minutes later, open the lid and add lemon juice.
- Mix thoroughly for a minute and transfer baby potatoes to a mixing bowl
- Add homemade mayonnaise to the baby potatoes and toss them well. Vegetarians may substitute hung curd for mayonnaise.
- Set aside.
You can also roast baby potatoes in an oven if it is convenient for you. Salt the potatoes and roast them in an oven preheated to 225ºC (437ºF) for 35 minutes. Once they are done, toss them in butter and add a handful of coriander leaves .
Make Barley Risotto
- Add extra virgin olive oil to a sauce pan or pot on medium heat.
- Add onions. Saute and sweat the onions for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add a ladleful of our homemade bbq sauce and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add homemade peanut butter, mix and allow it to melt into the curry base.
- Add a splash of good quality soy sauce and mix. Use soy sauce that does not have any wheat flour, chemicals and preservatives.
- Add water, mix and simmer and reduce for 2 minutes.
- Add pressure cooked pearl barley and salt to your taste. Mix well and take it off the heat in a minute or two.
Serve Barley Risotto
- Serve barley risotto in a plate or a bowl. Top it with roasted baby potatoes tossed in our homemade mayonnaise.
Barley Risotto With Roasted Baby Potatoes, another healthy rice, the hissing cooker way.